Applying for Benefits

A VA Application must be completed by all students who qualify for military benefits. This process can be completed by visiting and clicking on "Apply for Benefits". The application process will help you to determine your best benefit, tell you what paperwork will be needed, allow you to choose your school, compare the programs, and apply, all online. Once the application has been completed, please contact your VA certifying official for more information.

Transferring Benefits

If you desire to transfer part or all of your benefits to your family members, military students are encouraged to complete a Transfer Education Benefit request (TEB). Upon approval of the transfer, family members may apply to use the transferred benefit with the VA by completing VA form 22-1990e. For more information on transferring benefits, completing the TEB, or completing the 22-1990e visit or call the VA at 1-888-442-4551.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at